The BowelScreen programme will send an invitation to men and women aged 60 to 69 years to take part in the programme.
If you are aged between 60 to 69 years and living in Ireland, you can ring BowelScreen on Freephone 1800 45 45 55 to check your details are on the register.
A BowelScreen home test kit will be sent to you in the post with instructions about how to do the test.
If you have any concerns about your bowel health or symptoms you should contact your GP immediately.
Symptoms of bowel cancer
The symptoms of bowel cancer can include:
- Bleeding from the back passage or blood in your poo;
- A change in normal bowel habits;
- A lump that your doctor can feel in your back passage or abdomen (more commonly on the right side);
- A feeling of needing to strain in your back passage (as if you need to pass a bowel motion), even after opening your bowels;
- Losing weight;
- Pain in your abdomen or back passage; or
- A lower than normal level of red blood cells (anaemia).